BOB team members meet Thursdays after school until 3:30 pm. Our first meeting will be September 15.
Please follow these instructions which will help so much with compiling questions with others written for the same book and add a level of standardization.
1. Please do not use "Battle of the Books" or "BOB" in any of the questions.
2. Don't use information from the title page, dedication, etc. Use only the actual text of the story. Please note the page number so others will be able to locate the source.
3. Don't use characters names in questions.
4. Submit a variety of types of questions -- setting, plot, quotes, character descriptions, meaningful words, events, etc.
5. Submit your top 10-15 questions per title. If more questions are needed, you will be asked for others.
2016-2017 Book List
A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park
A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole
Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
Greetings From Nowhere by Barbara O’Connor
Jake by Audrey Couloumbis
Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles
Savvy by Ingrid Law
Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors
The Homework Machine by Dan Gutman
The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd
The League of Seven by Alan Gratz
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg
by Rodman Philbrick
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
The Year of the Dog by Grace Lin
Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
Ungifted by Gordon Korman
Woods Runner by Gary Paulsen